In this article, we'll show you how to flush out the Live Tiles notifications for apps from Windows 10 as you shutdown the operating system.
How to clear app Live Tiles notifications on exit
Note: This is a gentle reminder to let you know that editing the registry is risky, and it can cause irreversible damage to your Windows installation if you do it incorrectly. We recommended to make a full backup of your Windows PC before proceeding if you feel it necessary.
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command, type regedit, and click OK to open the registry.
- Browse the following path:
- Right-click the Windows (folder) key, select New, and click on Key.
- Name the key Explorer and press Enter.
- Select the Explorer (folder) key, and right-click on the right side, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new DWORD ClearTilesOnExit and press Enter.
- Double-click the newly created DWORD and change its value from 0 to 1.
- Close the registry.
- Restart your computer to complete the task.
If you completed the above steps correctly, the operating system will automatically clear the notification information on the Live Tiles on the Start menu when you're signing out. And when you next time log in, you should see the Live Tiles empty.
At any time you can revert the changes by using the steps mentioned above, but this time on step 7, change the value of the ClearTilesOnExit from 1 to 0, and restart your computer.